Interview Skills and Elevator Pitch. 10:00-11:00 a.m. and 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Pike River Suites: Hickory Room
-Do you have your elevator speech ready to go and finalized? Come learn how to become more prepared when going into interviews, how to follow up and how to score a job by having an elevator speech that stands out.
Spring Leadership Retreat. 12:00-4:00 p.m.
-Check in begins at noon in the University Ballroom.
-Topics covered range from discovering your passion and achievement habits.
Ranger Wellness: Kickoff! 11:30-1:00 p.m. Location: The Bridge.
-Come see what great events we have for Ranger Wellness 2016
Spirit Day: 3v3 Basketball Tournament. 6:00-9:00 p.m. Location: The SAC Fieldhouse.
– Get 2 or 3 friends together and sign up as a team or sign up individually and placed on a team!
-Double elimination bracket- 1st and 2nd places prizes!
Ranger Wellness: Bubble Soccer. 7:30-9:30. Location: The SAC Fieldhouse
-Come have a #RealAmazing time with us, and play some #RealAmazing Bubble Soccer!
Juicing. 11:30-1:30 p.m. Location: The Bridge.
–Stop by the Bridge and sample juices from the juicing demo.
Career Cafe. 2:00-3:00 p.m. Student Center – Walnut Room.
– Do you get really nervous before you go to an interview? We can help you be more prepared for your interviews! Come join us at the Career Cafe where you can participate in a mock interview & speed networking!
Ranger Wellness: Spinning Session. 6:00-7:00 p.m. Location: The SAC Fieldhouse
– Come join our (free!) spinning sessions! They are done in a fitness studio, with various light and music settings to create an energized atmosphere!
Den Night: Coloring Books for Adults. 6:30-8:30. Location: The Den.
– Come join us in the Den for a night of coloring!
Career Cafe. 12:00-1:00 p.m. Location: Student Center – Walnut Room.
Marketing Your Leadership. 12:00-1:00 p.m. Location: Student Center – Oak Room.
– Learn about the skills you have developing in the Leadership Program, and how to market leadership on your resume and to potential employers.
Discover Your Passion. 10:00-11:00 a.m. Location: Student Center – Poplar Room.
– Leaders pursue their passions to feel fulfilled personally and lead purposefully. Learn how you can discover your passion as a leader and explore where that passion can take you. Required for Tier 1.
Safety Education Class. 12-1:00 p.m. Location: Student Center – Poplar Room.
– Taught by UW-Parkside Police Officer Craig Rafferty. Come and learn about property crimes and identity theft. This course counts towards your Rock Solid Leadership Certificate and counts towards Criminal Justice. Association membership.
Note Taking & Study Habits. 3:30-4:30 p.m. Location: Student Center – Hickory Room.
– Come find out tips on different ways to take notes & different study habits that may help you succeed academically!
Spirit Day. 5:30-10:00 p.m. Location: DeSimone Gym in the SAC
– Come support the basketball teams and show your spirit by wearing Parkside gear all day! Women’s game at 5:30, Men’s game at 7:30.
Self Defense. 6:00-7:00 p.m. Location: Tallent Hall
– Learn how to protect yourself by attending the self defense course.
Community Service Officer Meeting/Lunch. 12:00-1:00 p.m. Location: Student Center – Hickory Room.
– Meeting and lunch for all community service officers.
Ranger Wellness: Piloxing. 12:00-12:45 p.m. Location: SAC Dance Studio.
– “A NON-STOP, CARDIO FUSION OF STANDING PILATES, BOXING AND DANCE THAT WILL PUSH YOU PAST YOUR LIMITS FOR A SLEEK, POWERFUL YOU!”
CJA-Feed My Starving Children Volunteer. 1:30-5:30 p.m. Location: FMSC – Libertyville, IL.
– The Criminal Justice Association will be taking a trip to Libertyville, IL. To volunteer for Feed My Starving Children.
Ranger Saturday 9:00-12:00 p.m. Location: UW-Parkside.
– Take an introductory look at Parkside with a group information session about academics, student life, campus activities, and much more. You’ll have an opportunity to tour the campus, talk to an admissions counselor, and meet our students.
Safe Zone 101 Training. 9:30-12:00 p.m. Location: TBD
– This month 101 & 201 Safe Zone trainings are being offered by the LGBTQ Center.
Chiropractic Screening. 12:00-1:30 p.m. Location: The Bridge.
– Stop by the Bridge to receive a chiropractic screening.
Challenge the Process. 3:30-4:30 p.m. Location: Student Center – Poplar Room
– Learn how you can improve the status quo and enable change.
Ranger Wellness: Spinning Session. 6:00-7:00 p.m. Location: SAC Fieldhouse.
2016 Career Fair. 11:00-2:00 p.m. Location: Student Center Ballroom.
– Students can explore professional opportunities when regional and national employers and community partners visit campus to engage with Parkside talent.
Financial Fitness. 12:00-1:00 p.m. Location: Molinaro 109.
– Learn healthy spending and saving tips to stay on track this year.
UW-Parkside Blood Drive. 9:00-3:00 p.m. Location: Student Center Ballroom.
– Donate blood and have an impact on the lives of many.