The mission of the University of Wisconsin-Parkside LGBTQ Resource Center is to provide a safe, inclusive, and comfortable environment on campus for LGBTQ and Allied students, faculty, staff, and community. The Center will accomplish this by providing advocacy and support services to meet the unique needs of the targeted populations. The Center will also provide resources and education, which will include curricular and co-curricular programming.
More specifically, the LGBTQ Resource Center will:
· EDUCATE the UWP campus and local communities on the unique and diverse issues surrounding the areas of sexual orientation and gender identity
· ADVOCATE for the needs, concerns, and rights of LGBTQ and allied students, faculty, and staff
· PROVIDE not only a safe space for all students, faculty, staff, and community members, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, to receive and give social and emotional support, as well as access to resources
· FOSTER student leadership and personal, academic, and professional growth
· DEVELOP positive relationships on and off campus through collaborations and on-going communication